Luton Borough, a growing business hub in the UK, is an excellent place for startups and companies to grow. Business grants in Luton Borough are important because they help businesses with the initial investments required for your idea. Last year, the government allocated over £1,000 million in grants to businesses and emerging startups in Luton. These Luton Borough Council grants can help you fill cash flow gaps or fund new equipment or resources for further business growth. Make sure to look for the latest grant options from Luton Borough Council so your business has the best chance to succeed in this exciting area.
Low Carbon Workspaces Grant Scheme
The Low Carbon Workspaces grant is aimed at helping small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs) in the eligible areas of Buckinghamshire, Bedfordshire, Berkshire, Hertfordshire, Milton Keynes, and Northamptonshire to reduce their greenhouse gas emissions.
An organisation must fulfil the following requirements in order to qualify:
- Be classified as an SME as defined by the European Commission
- Generate over 51% of annual income from trading activities
- Not come from a sector that is ineligible for ERDF support.
- Have a commercial premise located within one of the eligible areas that the organisation either owns or holds a 12-month lease on
- Not have received over £200,000 of State Aid (de minimis aid) in the last three rolling years.
Ineligible organisations include those involved in social welfare, educational establishments, coal and steel industries, banking and insurance companies, franchises, and organisations that generate over half of their income from non-trading activities.
How to Apply?
- SMEs can apply for the grant through a process that includes the calculation of the minimum carbon saving for the project.
- Luton council grants of up to £6,750 are available per SME, and multiple measures can be included within a single application.
- The full terms and conditions of the grant can be found on the Low Carbon Workspaces website.
- The grants are available for physical improvement projects that will contribute to a reduction in greenhouse gas emissions.
- Examples of eligible projects include LED lighting and solar PV.
COVID-19 Grants for New Luton Businesses
- The Luton Borough Council grants for businesses and mentoring program is open to businesses based in Luton.
- To be eligible, a business must have a Luton postcode and have been established within the last three years.
- The program provides grants of up to £2,000 to eligible businesses to support their growth.
- The funds can be used for equipment, business support, or training.
Mentoring and Training
- The program is sponsored by Luton Council and delivered by Smarter Society. In addition to the grants, the program also offers free mentoring and training to help businesses grow.
How to Apply?
- Eligible businesses can apply for the Luton Council grants and mentoring program through the Smarter Society website.
- This program is a great opportunity for businesses in Luton to receive funding and support to help them grow and succeed during the initial phases. Take advantage of this opportunity to grow your company; don’t let it pass you by!
Link to Apply- Apply Now
Luton Start-up Grant Brief
This grant provides a fantastic opportunity for Luton residents to receive funding and support as they start their own businesses. Take advantage of this chance to turn your business dreams into a reality.
- The Luton Start-up Grant is available to Luton residents who are starting a new business and have not yet started trading.
- In exceptional cases, businesses that have been trading for less than 12 months may be considered.
- There is no specific industry, and the grant is applicable to all types of businesses.
The grant provides up to £500 in funding to help cover capital expenditure for new businesses. The funds can be used for items such as tools, machinery, office equipment, stock, insurance, and advertising.
The Luton Start-up Grant is funded by LLAL and administered by Wenta, an organisation that has been providing support to the business community in Luton for over 20 years.
How to Apply?
- Luton residents can book a one-to-one advice session with Wenta to apply for the Luton Start-up Grant.
- A solid business plan is required as part of the grant application.
- Wenta will provide free support and guidance on creating a business plan.
- Additional financial information will be requested for existing businesses with less than 12 months of trading.
Luton Borough businesses are consistently looking to expand, and these Luton Council grants can be a great way to get some free money for your growth. Our expert team can help you apply and acquire these business grants as we have helped several UK businesses. We understand that a smart digital presence can elevate your chances of acquiring grants, and that’s why you can also get our web design services in Luton Borough to design a striking business website.
Stand out in the crowd as an established Luton business with Head45’s impeccable digital marketing and SEO services in Luton Borough and get easy access to different funding options. Get in touch with our marketing team now.