With Chelmsford being ranked as the fourth-best city for conducting business in the UK, Chelmsford has recently become the eye of every entrepreneur. It conceals several business opportunities for entrepreneurs to establish their businesses and develop world-leading brands.
The two necessities for doing a profitable business today are digitisation and capital. Without the right digital assets, building a brand would take years. Similarly, without funds and investment, a business can not be cultivated.
Hence, we have prepared a list of top government grants for small businesses in Chelmsford that can upthrust your business with financial assistance and make it successful.
Best Grants for Businesses in Chelmsford
Here are some of the best business grants in Chelmsford provided by the government:
1. Manufacturing Growth Programme
The Manufacturing Growth Programme is one of the UK’s largest business support programmes for the growth and development of businesses. It assists SME Manufacturers by providing them with actionable insights and strategies for the growth of their brands. Also, the programme offers financial support covering up to 35% of the implementation cost of the plans through an improvement grant.
The basic purpose of the Manufacturing Growth Programme is to aid businesses with expert guidance and financial stability to make them successful. The programme leverages structured methods and strategies for its implementation and is highly beneficial for making businesses profitable.
This grant is provided by Economic Growth Solutions, which is a part of Oxford Innovation.
Your business must meet the following conditions to become eligible for this grant scheme:
- Your business must be an SME as defined by the EU definition.
- The company must have at most 250 employees.
- The business should have a total balance sheet of less than or equal to €43 million.
- Business turnover of less than or equal to €50 million.
How to Apply?
You can apply for the Manufacturing Growth Programme by visiting the MGP website. You will be asked to fill in details of your organisation, and a correspondent will help you complete the further grant approval process.
2. Innovate UK Smart Grant
Innovate UK Smart Grant is a business support grant offered by Innovate UK that helps businesses to boost their business growth by integrating innovative solutions into their business workflows. These solutions are flexible, easy to incorporate, and offer exceptionally good results for business growth.
The Innovate UK Smart Grant Programme aims to enable companies to access the expertise and equipment they need, create partnerships that speed up their progress, and fund innovative projects through grants and loans.
The Innovate UK Smart Grant Programme for small businesses is offered by Innovate UK (a United Kingdom innovation agency).
There are a few eligibility guidelines to avail of Innovate UK Smart Grants. Here are them:
- There should be at least one micro, small or medium-sized enterprise (SME) as a collaborative grant-claiming partner applying for the scheme.
- The scheme starts on 1 December 2023 and ends on 30 November 2026.
- The business must conduct its workflows and project work in the UK.
- The project must have total eligible project costs between £100,000 – £500,000 if the project’s duration is 6 – 18 months.
- For projects ranging between 19 to 36 months, the total eligible project costs should be between £100,000 and £2 million.
How to Apply?
You must thoroughly read all the instructions and guidelines provided by Innovate UK about the grant scheme. To apply for the scheme, you need to register an application on the UKRI website in which specific questions will be asked about your project details, finances, and requirements.
How to Optimise Your Business Grant Funding?
Leveraging business grants in Chelmsford can be hugely valuable for your business growth. However, it is essential to utilise the grant funds appropriately to make the most of them in your processes. The most crucial aspect where you can spend your grant money is digitising your business and enhancing its branding efforts.
Increasing your company’s brand visibility and awareness will help it become popular and fetch higher leads for your business. You can leverage the support of a reliable and experienced branding agency in Chelmsford and ask for a quotation for your needed digital campaign.
How Head45 Helps Succeed Your Business?
Head 45 is one of the best SEO agencies in Chelmsford, which has years of experience in digitising businesses and boosting SEO for brands. Here is how Head 45 can help make your business successful by:
- Conducting a thorough competitor research audit for your business.
- Enabling your brand to become digital.
- Managing the web design for your business website.
- Building your brand identity, such as logos, banners, business cards, etc.
- Working and improving your SEO parameters to acquire better search rankings.
- Helping design, craft, and implement your SEO strategies effectively.
Alongside SEO and other digital marketing services, we also provide the best-rated web design services to Chelmsford businesses to help them put the best foot forward for their digital marketing efforts with an impressive website.
Business grants offer an excellent solution for small brands to become established and successful in their respective industries. However, each grant comes with some prerequisites and conditions to be followed. So you must analyse every detail of the grant you are leveraging before applying to make the correct business decision. Know more about business grants and where they can be used with the guidance of our experts. Call now at 029 2188 0501.